Join us for a Community Education Night at Silverleaf School.
Supporting Kids with BIG Feelings
an INTRO to the NEUROSCIENCE of EMOTION REGULATION and SENSORY MODULATION – with PRACTICAL TOOLS for PARENTS and EDUCATORS
April 28 6-7:30 p.m.
STEAM Activities available for children for $5.00/child, provided by Silverleaf School. Children must be potty trained.
We will cover:
- What’s happening in their brain during a big feeling
- How to survive the moment, together
- Tools for emotion regulation that support resilience
- Sensory education: overresponsivity and underresponsivity
- Sensory profile spectrum: understanding different sensory needs
- Three simple sensory strategies to try at home
The evening is facilitated by Jenifer Trivelli, MSRYT and Bethany DeJarnatt, MOT, OTR/L
Bethany DeJarnatt, MOT, OTR/L Pediatric Occupational Therapist & Certified Kids Yoga Instructor is passionate about educating families on sensory modulation and developing sensory strategies to increase independence for daily activities. Learn more at www.littlechicks.org
Jenifer Trivelli, MS, RYT Social-Emotional Educator, Youth Mindfulness Instructor, & Author/Writer offers her heart-centered blend of digestible neuroscience and practical tools to parents, educators, and kids.